A @ Studio A (photos below)
Theatre A consists of two dance studios
converted into a performance and art space. Rent: $250 for
an evening: in at 6 PM, out by 11 PM (Includes set up and
strike down time) We keep the price low, because the renters
provide set up and strike down. (see below). Theatre is generally
not available Sunday through Thursday. Please ask about other
arrangements should you want to get into the space earlier.
What we provide:
- A stage approximately 25 feet wide and 20 feet deep with
hardwood flooring. Floor to ceiling black duvetyne drapes
with 4 wings.
- Seating on risers for 55 people- possibly more if configured
differently, but we feel that all audience members get good
sight lines in our 55 seat configuration.
- One large shared dressing room with full length mirrors
(16 X 20).
- A lounge/reception/refreshment area (20 X 20) that can
double as an art gallery.
- A tropical garden breezeway along the side of the entire
complex (Approx. 10 X 60) with a wood deck and twinkle lights
in trees & shrubs.
- Theatre lighting system includes a programmable Leprechaun
light box with various capabilities like timed dimming and
strobe. We have 6 separate lighting schemes on the box (grid
lights, center spot, stage right and stage left high intensity
fresnels and downstage and upstage ambient lights.
- A sound system to play CDs or I-pod/computer jack.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Heat, but no air conditioning (fans only)
What you provide:
- A crew to set up strike the theatre (lower drapes, set up risers and chairs. A crew of three can set up the entire theatre in about 45 minutes. We will be there to guide you with the set-up & strike process.
- A lighting and sound person (if needed).
- Ticket seller, house manager, etc.
- You must bag and remove all trash from the premises before you leave.
Basically, leave the space as you found it.
Potential revenue (after the rent for the theatre is paid): if you sell tickets at $10 each you clear $300; $15 each, you clear $450.